Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, September 26, 2005

"Pit Bull" Kolata?

A well deserved promotion for Dave Kolata, one of a handful of people included in a certain blogger's wedding photos. The Trib article will only make sense, however, to those of us who know Dave from back in the day.

Link.

Btw, I have no doubt that DK can learn how to manage the organization. But if you'd asked me, years ago, which of my grad school colleagues would become executive director of a major public interest group before the age of 40 . . . let me just say, it probably wouldn't have been the Pit Bull. (Who would it have been? Among my friends, not an easy question.) But that's why friends are so interesting. You're never sure what they're going to do next, and where they're going to end up.

Update: After thinking about it, "Pit Bull" just doesn't work as a nickname for DK. I could live with "the Bull," but Pit Bull is not quite right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home