Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Dumbest Post I Ever Wrote: Retrospective

Well, it's July, and the Detroit Tigers are where they belong, in first place, with the best record in baseball, an unstoppable juggernaut, if you will. But last October I wrote this post . . . bemoaning the firing of Alan Trammell as manager and the hiring of Jim Leyland . . . and predicting that the results with Leyland would be the same . . . almost certainly the dumbest post I've ever written. In retrospect.

But really, did this look like a good move to any of you at the time?

I will add that Kenny Rogers, a/k/a "the Gambler," won his eleventh game of the season for the Tigers today. Anyone else out there remember when the Gambler pitched for the Tribe a few years ago and looked, well, like he was done? I was wrong about that one, too. Guess he just didn't like the Jake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home