Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Any Big Plans This Weekend?

So, another whirlwind week. Teaching the night class takes up a lot of my blogging time, and I've been really busy at work. Two big projects, with significant responsibility on both, both of which are at a labor-intensive stage right now. (In a few weeks, the research assistants will be going to town collecting the data, and I may have a bit more time to catch my breath.)

So, another apology for being a terrible blogger.

Any big plans going into the weekend? None here, really. Just a laid back weekend, maybe grade midterms (egad) . . . but, oh yeah, the Tigers are in the World Series starting tonight. Yes. I'm calling it Tigers in five. Any thoughts?

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

OK, I'll bite. In the name of pessimism, I'll take the Cards in 6. And the GOP will hold the Senate on the basis of a narrow Corker win in Tennessee.

BTW, if you haven't seen the ads the GOP is running against Ford now, you've gotta look them up. Nasty AND cheezy.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that you brought up Ford. Did you see the allegation that the GOP was coloring him in for its ads? That's repugnant in a countless number of ways, but it's edifying in one: it suggests that I'm not crazy after all for pointing out that Ford does not appear to be black.

Number Three, the Tigers have my vote. And since I'm a Chicagoan now, they also have the votes of six of my dead relatives.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Hadn't heard about the allegations of Ford-darkening. Funny stuff. If they ARE doing that, it shows how disconnected the GOP has become from southern voters, b/c in TN, if you were to know one thing and only one thing about Ford, it would be that he's black. So darkening him seems like high risk for low reward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home