Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, October 28, 2006

More Like Craptastic

Paul complains that the World Series was craptacular and disappointing. And it was, from a certain perspective (i.e., the perspective of lifelong Tiger fans). But I am going to try to, well . . . I prefer to look on the bright side. The Tigers won the AL penant and made the Series for the first time since I was in high school and for only the second time in my entire life (born in 1969). The playoffs were a great ride. The Tigers really didn't perform in the Series, but that's life.

So I'm going to look at the half-full side of the equation. Detroit Tigers, American League Champions. A mostly young roster, with room to grow. I really think that this is a team that will only get better. And, on defense, that can't come soon enough.

OK, off to tailgate before the Maryland-Florida State game. Roll Terps!

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd feel better if the Tigers weren't playing in the AL Central. As good as Chicago, Minnesota, and Cleveland are all going to be next year it's going to be very tough for the Tigers to get another shot.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Good point. But Cleveland is a work in progress, and I'm not sure whether "progress" is the right word. Minnesota will probably be good, but Chicago may decline. The future is uncertain. Right now, though, none of those teams won the American League this year. The Tigers did. That's an important data point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home