Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Anxiety Dreaming

So last night I had one of my recurring anxiety dreams--not sure why, last night, as I'm not feeling particularly anxious. I think that this is one that many people have: I'm enrolled in a course, for an entire semester, but I stop going to class, stop doing the homework, and then it's time to take the final exam. Usually the course is a math course, often calculus, in my dreams. But last night, it was psychology, which adds a special level of irony, no?

Any good dreams lately?

4 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Transient Gadfly said...

I am (as much as I am anything) a mathematician and used to teach Calculus, and yet when I have The School Anxiety Dream, it is invariably a Calculus class that I haven't been attending and for which there is an exam. I am sure this says something about the universality of archetypes or something, but I have no idea what it is.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

That's odd; when I have this dream it's never a math class. Probably because my math tests were pretty much like that anyway, and dreams can't match reality. . .dreams like that always concerned some class in the Mather building at Case. Poly Sci or some such.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Which Mather building at Case? There are actually, at least four: Mather House, Mather House (on the Medical campus), Mather Memorial, and Mather Dance. For my part, I would most dread a final exam in Mather Dance.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

hahahah

Well I didn't dream about Mather Dance nightmares before. But I surely will now. THANKS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home