Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We've Been Robbed!

While we were at work yesterday, some evildoers busted into the apartment and robbed us! The thief (the police think it was one guy) crow-barred the iron gate--breaking the bricks in the process--and busted the door. That gives you an idea how quiet the street is during the workday. He got away with some jewelry, an iPod, and two laptops (including my work laptop). Lucky for us, the thief didn't seem interested in identity theft . . . unless someone is planning to hack my computer. (I don't think there's anything that useful on there, though. I don't save passwords, and I had to wipe the cookies about a week ago to better the performance.)

Of course, if the thief opens Safari, this comes up as the homepage. So it's possible the thief might read this? That's strange to think about.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Travis said...

You know what they say about liberal who is robbed.

I imagine your transformation a la American Werewolf in London. The new #3, befanged and clawed and drooly, at the keyboard, explaining Karl Rove's genius.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Does this mean that I shouldn't have posted your home address, work schedule, security code, and computer inventory online last week? Oops. Maybe my instructions on "How to Use a Crowbar" were also ill considered. If so, my bad.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Number Three said...

Karl Rove can protect my apartment from the bad guys? I guess now that he's not working at the WH, he could come house-sit in the afternoons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home