Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, October 12, 2009

On the Parenting Kick

While I'm on the parenting kick . . . let me just say that this is . . . I'm trying to find a family-friendly way to say it . . . the WORST thing I've ever read on the Intertubes. Surprise, it was on Slate!

So this guy doesn't like Eric Carle. For the non-parents out there, that's a bit like dissing Dr. Seuss. Carle has a much bigger posse than some Slate d-bag . . . and the best part is that d-bag's wife, who teaches youth reading, disagrees with him, and . . . he persists in his d-baggery.

"Um, I really don't know very much, and, um, I pretty much disagree with almost everyone, but, I hate some of the most loved children's books . . . ."

I just add: "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?"

Brown Bear: "I see a d-bag looking at me. But don't worry, I mauled his hipster contrarian ass. I think he's dead."

Out.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Holy frejoles, 3! As I read the offending contrarian, I couldn't help but be reminded of another "very grouchy contrarian" I know: does #3 have a caterpillar-hating lost twin somewhere?

Actually, I liked the piece. As he says, you can't diss Carle's artwork, but his stories are a bit repetitive and even dull. True (although I do have a soft spot for Pancakes, Pancakes!). I'm not as worked up about it as he is, but then I haven't had to read Carle every single day. If I did, I'd likely belch out a primal scream of my own.

Of course, I suspect this is a sneaky way to get us to read your own pseudonymous work. If you want to acknowledge your authorship, I'll gladly credit you.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Brown Bear is coming for you next!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home