Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Question of the Week

I guess Mitt Romney has a book coming out today. That raises an interesting question: Who reads books written by politicians? And by "written by," I mean, purportedly written by politicians. And I mean books "written" as campaign documents, not books written for other purposes. Thus, Dreams from My Father doesn't count, but Audacity of Hope does. (Btw, I haven't read either.)

So the question is, have you ever read a (campaign) book written by a pol (and ghost writer)? If so, what?

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

None. And I'm a "political scientist."

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

I guess I did read "The Conscience of a Conservative," by "Barry Goldwater" (which, of course, was ghost-written by someone whose name I should remember but can't and I am too lazy to Google, maybe Lasher?). But that was for my Ideologies class. Btw, that book does NOT stand the test of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home