Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, May 13, 2005

New Computer Update

I'm loving the new PowerBook, but I am haing trouble importing my old email files using my external hard drive. I am worried that I won't be able to figure out how to transfer the iTunes library either. I thought that just dragging the files would work, but so far, no luck.

I'm also not sure how much effort I should expend trying to set up my new computer to use my Case account, since that receives almost 100% spam at this point. Besides, that account will be moribund at some not-too-distant point in the future.

I also haven't installed the software that goes with my digital camera. I thought I might experiment with iPhoto, again. Three years ago it was too primitive in the editing category, but it may be adequate now. All of my photos are backed up on the external hard drive, which works fine with the PowerBook.

Today's lesson: The more things you use a computer for, the harder it is to switch over to a new machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home