Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, June 02, 2005

First Issue of Seton Hall Circuit Review

Sometime last fall, an old grad school friend contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in submitting to a new journal that students at Seton Hall law school were putting together, called Circuit Review. The idea was that there was not a journal dedicated to scholarly research on the courts of appeals. Since that is mainly what I've been studying for the last few years, I talked to the EIC about a few pieces I was working on, and he expressed interest in a follow-up piece on horizontal stare decisis that I had intentions of writing. So I wrote the paper and submitted it. The first issue of the new journal came by UPS yesterday, and my piece was the lead article in the new journal!

OK, so not a terribly big deal. It wasn't the lead article in Harvard Law Review or anything. But not too shabby.

BTW, Judge Alito of the Third Circuit wrote the issue introduction. He's frequently mentioned as a possible Supreme Court nominee (he's also known as Scalito).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home