Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, June 10, 2005

Letter to the Editor, Utah-Style, or Burn Baby Burn!

Just packing my suitcase and found this, which I meant to post awhile back. This is a real-live letter to the editor, Salt Lake Tribune, Thursday, March 26, 2005:

Another burning bush?

In the annals of the Old Testament, where the Children of Israel are to escape their bondage, we find their leader, Moses, being spoken to by God in a burning 'bush.'

Is it today that again God may be speaking to us through another 'Bush,' where perhaps, once more only half the people are accepting the message?

Oren A. Nelson
Salt Lake City


Gee, Oren, is God really that awkward with language? I mean, I've always wondered about "I am that I am," but thinking of Bushspeak, that's downright eloquent.

But I guess in Utah, the idea that God speaks through living people is not so strange . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home