Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, July 22, 2005

Happy Hour Thoughts

OK folks, it's Friday, five post-meridian. That means happy hour, unless you're toiling away in some sweat shop.

First, let me clear up something from a few weeks ago. This is how you spell "Caucasus," as in the mountains and the region in which Supra! is composed. I think I managed to get that one wrong twice, which just goes to show that if you don't know how to spell a word, you're doomed to repeat it. Or something like that.

Second, most unfortunate wording of the week, from a story in this week's Washington Blade about a minister's anti-gay remarks in a sermon. The minister apparently said: "Can't make no connection with a screw and another screw . . . . It takes a screw and a nut."

Lordy. Where to go with this one? I know he's using "screw" as a stand-in for penis, but, oh, my, "screw" means something else, generally. Many would say that you can make a connection with "a screw and a screw." Probably two connections. And what's this about "a nut"? Is that an appropriate term for the . . . female equipment? Not where I come from, Rev. There are a whole lot of terms for that--take it easy in the comments, people--but "nut" is not one of them. Indeed, if you're going to use "screw" for penis, then you need a screw and a nut (at least one), even if you want to screw another screw . . . er, you know what I mean.

Well, that's not all I have, but I got to go. Happy Friday, freebloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home