Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Manny Ramirez Asks for a Trade

OK, as an old Tribe fan (since, oh, 1997 or so), I'm not surprised that Manny has lost his mind again and asked the Bosox for a trade. The story is that Manny doesn't like Boston anymore. I guess the pressures of "Red Sox Nation" watching his every move has finally gotten to Manny.

Now, I won't second-guess Manny on this. When Manny left C-Town, he said he wanted to go somewhere where he could win a World Series. I laughed and laughed. Everyone knew that Boston was cursed. But . . . they won a World Series. Now, Manny once left twenty-five large in the backseat of a cab. He's a strange guy. But did you see the trailer for Fever Pitch? (I'll assume none of my fine readers actually saw that Jimmy Fallon vehicle.) I can see getting tired of those, er, folks. I really can.

Any takers for Manny? If I had a team, I'd put together a deal. If there's one constant in the Universe, other than that speed of light thing, it's that Manny can hit the baseball.

BTW, contract issues: still $57 million on Manny's remaining three years. Almost sixty million for one of the most gifted hitters of all-time--and a certified headcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home