Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, October 28, 2005

Thought on Fitzgerald

I'm sure that many right-leaning talkers will crow that Fitzgerald only indicted one person, "Scooter" Libby (one indictment, not a big deal, says David Brooks). And I'm sure many, many lefties will be (somewhat) glum that Rove seems to have escaped, at least temporarily. (But, really, probably permanently. I doubt we'll see another indictment in this matter.)

The missing storyline: Fitzgerald went with his strongest case, and declined to push to indict as many parties as possible. The grand jury might have gone further, had it been pushed. But this guy did his job, thoroughly, and well. Some may have wanted more, but that's not a special prosecutor's job, "to want more."

So I'm declaring it, right now: Fitzgerald for Attorney General. Or, hell, Supreme Court justice. I hear there's a seat open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home