Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Film Review: Primer (dir. S. Carruth, 2004)

I reviewed this movie before, but then I traveled back in time and watched the movie again, and now I have no idea what this movie was about. I mean, it's about two guys who build a time machine . . . and then get in all sorts of time travel problems. Or, that's what I thought. Now I'm not so sure.

Really, I watched this film twice, and I enjoyed it both times. It's just, er, a difficult film.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger tekne said...

yes--the film is amazing on one level and yet it's impossible to hold it down and figure out what's going on. something about the exhaustion of the main characters that exhausts me. But it is fascinating, a real sleeper of a movie.

I think the setting in the remote self-storage unit is a poignant reminder of where are lives truly are lived in the 21st century, or perhaps how attached we are to "stuff"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home