Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Freedom from Blog: One Year and Counting

I started Freedom from Blog exactly one year ago today. Here's my first post, a rumination on the readings for my American Political Thought class. To be honest, thinking of a first post was really the major obstacle to starting the blog . . . that and thinking of a name for the blog. And, again, to be honest, I've never really been that happy with the name, but, well, you have to make do.

Blogging for a year has been an interesting experience. It's really become a way for me to keep in touch with a number of people that live, for the most part, pretty far away. I've blogged about politics, but also about books, movies, and my own experiences--none of which, I realize, are really that interesting. Well, maybe interesting to people who know me, which is really the intended audience of the blog.

Anyway, one year and counting. Of course, Freedom from Blog is not just mine, anymore.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

An anniversary picture of Grendel is in order.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Congrats, Em! Having contributed posts for just a few weeks, I'm awed by how much it must have taken to do this over a full year and keep it consistently interesting.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Paul said...

It's been great fun Emery. My only regret is that I flamed Curat Lex. If he's still lurking, I here offer an apology, which I hope he'll accept.

I second tmcd's thoughts about how much work it can be. As for me, it's end of semester crunch time and I need some Freedom from Blog(ing).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home