Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Sunday, June 24, 2007

I Love Running

Running is something that I rarely blog about, chiefly because I suspect that the joys of running do not translate easily to the blog medium. But as I was running this morning, I kept coming back to how much I really love to run.

This morning, I ran down through Logan Circle, then west on P, through Dupont Circle, across Rose Park, across M and Pennsylvania to the C & O towpath, took that to the Glover-Archbold Trail, which goes 3 miles north to Van Ness (only four road crossings), then east to the Hazen trail, down that trail to the Rock Creek multi-use trail, south on that, past the zoo, to P, then back home through Dupont and down Q. Whew.

The Glover-Archbold Trail is a really beautiful, and largely unknown, trail in Rock Creek Park. It's a little rocky for running in spots--I managed to twist both ankles, but only minimally--but really shady, which can be important on a sunny, if not too-hot, Sunday morning.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know that you are still pounding the pavement. I, somewhat similarly, remain running averse. It's important to have principles and stick to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home