Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, September 29, 2007

We shocked the world!

After last week's embarrassing collapse at Wake, the Terps redeem themselves with a big win on the road, knocking off the 10th-ranked Scarlet Knights of Rutgers. Of course, not a conference game, but we'll take it.

Btw, the second-string QB came in early in the second half and led the team to the win, behind a great running attack. (Second string, now, but Turner was actually the pre-season third-stringer.)

5 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Travis said...

I think this would have been a bigger story if four teams ranked higher than #10 hadn't lost. And if it had come against a tenth ranked team not named Rutgers. I mean, c'mon. Rutgers.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Not everybody can beat Penn State. What were they (Penn State) ranked, anyway?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

That was one of the craziest saturdays in college football I can remember, so crazy that I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.

I can assume you were there? Awesome sauce.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Travis said...

One poll had PSU at 16 but it wouldn't have mattered if they were unranked. Penn State is Penn State.
I don't think Wilson was asking about me, but I was at the game. And it was the definition of awesome. With sauce.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Unfortunately, Maryland was on the road, and I have a strict rule against traveling with the team. Something about not going to Jersey to a football stadium. Let's call it the "Hoffa rule."

But this Saturday, I will be present for the Terps dismantling of the rambling drek of Georgia Tech. At the Chevy Case Field at Byrd Stadium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home