Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, November 26, 2007

No Country for Old Men

Go see this movie. The Coen brothers need the money. And you will really, really enjoy it, in that way one enjoys a creepy thriller about a psychopath looking for a suitcase full of cash. Even if you don't like the Coen brothers, generally--and if you don't, then I have no idea how you came to read this blog--this one is a classic. Not a quirky classic, like Fargo, but like Badlands (not a Coen brothers movie, of course). I'm definitely going to see this one again.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Very jealous. I'm dying to see NCFOM, but will likely have to wait for video.

As an aside, in one national review I read, it put this movie along what the reviewer saw as the other "great" Cohen films: Barton Fink, Big Lebowski, and The Man Who Wasn't There. For me, those are all distinctly second tier. I'd elevate Miller's Crossing, O Brother, Raising Arizona, and Fargo to the top rank (in roughly that order).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home