Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The War on Broccoli

Next time this country goes to war, someone should bring suit against the executive branch on the grounds that if the president can commit troops to depose the tyrant of Wheresthatistan, he can also commit troops to kill broccoli. And if Congress can declare war on Wheresthatistan, it can also declare war on broccoli. And really, if that were to happen, would any broccoli anywhere be safe, and would we really be a "limited government" anymore?

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

First they came for the root vegetables, but I was not a root vegetable, so I didn't speak up.

Then they came for the leafy greens, but I was not a leafy green, so I remained silent.

Then they came for the legumes, but I was not a legume, so I remained silent, yet again.

Then they came for the broccoli, but I was all alone.

A weird week, which made no one look very good. Is this really the way to run a country?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home