Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, May 13, 2005

Teaching Evaluations

Received the written comments from my Spring courses' teaching evaluations today. I was really surprised at how positive the reviews from my POSC 109, Intro to U.S. Government course, were. I mean, you can never tell with these kids nowadays. They stare at you for 14 weeks, not wanting to discuss the material, and then they express how much they enjoyed the class, including discussion (?). My only conclusion is that most classes are so boring that even a semi-interesting class seems excellent by comparison. That has to be it, because by any objective standard, that course was not very good. I know, I was there.

I also think its hilarious when students say: "This course needs more homework." I mean, who are these kids? Is this just a nasty prank to play on the next batch of podlings? Or are they serious--they really want more homework?

There's more to life than homework (and grades), even if Case kids don't think so. That's a sentiment that I'm sure Curatasaurus will agree with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home