Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, July 08, 2005

No Announcement, I Take It?

So the Rehnquist announcement did not materialize while I was away (running--a beautiful 11-miler from Boston Store to Hale Farm and back). No surprise there. I mean, even if the Chief had been planning an announcement . . . would you announce the day after a terrorist attack in London? Wouldn't that kill your media attention? (Of course, I don't think that there was anything to the rumor, anyway. But even if there were, the events of yesterday probably would have changed the Chief's mind.)

There's nothing cynical in thinking that the Chief would think that he is entitled to at least as much media attention as the career of Justice O'Connor received. I mean, he's been on the Court a long, long time, and he has been Chief almost 20 years. That deserves some recognition, doesn't it? (It was "the Rehnquist Court," after all--at least in name.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home