Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Battlestar Galactica miniseries

I've broken down and started watching the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries, for starters. (Blame it on Mike.) So far, all I can say is wow. Even the better half likes it, and she's not really a sci-fi fan. (LOTR, yes. Sci-fi generally, no.) At least the first 90 minutes: an update that feels fresh, with amazing production values. Oh, and Tricia Helfer. She has a future as a key actor in many an adolescent boy's fantasies . . . but we don't need to go in that direction here. (I will note that Helfer played Farrah Fawcett in the 2004 movie about Charlie's Angels. Farrah played a similar part . . . .)

I haven't seen many of the religious themes, yet. But I'm on the look-out. Always on the look-out for religious themes. And I will post more thoughts on the show, when I've seen more.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger fronesis said...

I thought the miniseries was very impressive. The directing steals blatantly from Joss Whedon's Firefly (I say again: PLEASE go see Serenity), but evidently (I'm told) they acknowledge that by including the Firefly ship in the background of a shot. So, good directing, solid acting, and decent story and character development. I'm not an action fan, but what will blow you away (it did me) was the battle scene toward the end. I've never seen anything like it.

We just ordered Battlestar Season 1 and are looking forward to it. AND GO SEE Serenity please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home