Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, November 11, 2005

Film Review: I Heart Huckabees (dir. D. Russell, 2004)

I didn't really like this one. I've been on a realism kick for a while now, and this film isn't really shooting for realism. But it was on my list from last year, so it came in the mail. Thanks, Netflix.

Should I even attempt a plot synopsis? Jason Schwartzman plays Albert Markovsky, a troubled environmental activist. Seeking help for his troubles (or really, to solve a coincidence involving a Sudanese doorman), he turns to Bernard and Vivian, existential detectives. There's a whole lot of plot . . . a lot of characters, subplots, odd dialogue, some witty dialogue, a rival existential detective (the sexy and French Isabelle Huppert). Mark Wahlberg overacting. Naomi Watts in a bikini. And the movie is still boring. Well, I found it boring, at least. Maybe I'm not smart enough.

This is a pretty crummy review. The movie just wasn't to my mood, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home