Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, February 23, 2006

More CWRU Stuff

A follow-up to this earlier post on the possible vote of no-confidence for Case President Hundert:

Subject: Update on request for a meeting on a vote of non-confidence

Dear colleagues,

I want to thank many of you for your very rapid response to my earlier message. These responses suggest a broad consensus on the need for a special meeting to deal address this issue.

Thus I am pleased to let you know that as of 4 pm I have received more than a sufficient number of responses to mandate calling a special meeting of the College Faculty to consider a vote of no confidence in the President and Provost. I will be forwarding this to the Dean and Executive Committee.

This has all happened very quickly. I certainly encourage all of you to take the opportunity to be a part of this request. if you would like to add your name to the list, please let me know in the next 24 hours. It will take at least this long to determine whether the email responses I have received satisfy the requirements, or whether we need to physically circulate a hard-copy petition.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments,

Sincerely,

Lawrence Krauss


Uh, oh, Hundy. How will you escape this time? What lurks behind that smile?

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm confused. Krauss says, "Thus I am pleased to let you know that as of 4 pm I have received more than a sufficient number of responses to mandate calling a special meeting . . . ."

And then he says, "if you would like to add your name to the list, please let me know in the next 24 hours. It will take at least this long to determine whether the email responses I have received satisfy the requirements . . . ."

Sounds like his tally has all of the reliability of a network exit poll to me.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

You Casies have such a low pain threshhold!

Thanks to a sexual harassment lawsuit two years ago, we now know what our president nicknames his penis. (Seriously. I'm not making this up.) When the allegations were first revealed to the press, he tried to kill himself by taking pills and then diving into a lake, before eventually changing his mind. Of course, the frenzied 911 call from a fireworks stand operator to save him got played on local news, but that wasn't an embarassment to us or anything. Finally, when he returned to campus after a week of psychiatric care, he reached out to faculty by telling any group to which he spoke that if they wanted to criticize, they should just get the hell out and go find another job. Result? In a moment of bravery, 3/4 of the Faculty Senate voted not to even have a "confidence/no confidence" vote. Move along, folks. Nothing here to see. Big happy family. La la la.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Paul's take on president and provost:

It's all Fances' and Emery's fault. Look what happened. As soon as they both left, the place falls apart...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home