Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Live Blogging: Opening Monologue and Clooney Oscar

The opening skit, with the previous hosts, was pretty funny. The monologue was probably a little too edgy, too political, for the Establishment. The crowd seemed a little uncomfortable, but I liked it. Especially the montage of "heterosexual" cowboy movies. I mean, who hasn't thought that that scene from Shane was, well, a little gay? And if you don't like Shane, then you're not really a man. And that goes for gay and straight men. It's one of the top five guy movies of all time.

Clooney takes the Best Supporting Oscar. OK, then Brokeback Mountain is in worse shape than I thought. I find Clooney impossible to dislike. (I'm sure someone out there dsagrees.) But I haven't seen Syriana, so no comment on the performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home