Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Weekend in the Pleasant (Lower) Penisula


I'm off for a long weekend in Michigan, so maybe not many posts (from me) over the Labor Day weekend. A certain co-blogger and I will be venturing out for a Tigers game tomorrow night, my first at Comerica Park (Go Tigers!). Then the weekend at the lake my parents live on. And I will be spending the weekend away from the news . . . far, far away. Maybe not as far as that madman Broder, who returned today to complain about Democrats rearranging their primary schedule. You probably read it. The column, I mean. How anyone can defend the completely f**ked up way we choose presidential candidates in this country . . . beyond me. But Broder does. That man is . . . Out. Of. Touch.

I'll also get a chance to go bowling in Michigan. As some readers of this blog know, all too well, I'm a pretty good bowler. Especially after a few . . . well, after a few. But I'll be bowling with my nieces, so maybe not so much of that. One of my nieces is good enough to beat me, some of the time, and she's on the high school bowling team. They didn't have bowling teams when I was in high school.

I taught my first class of the semester at G'Town tonight. The students in the class were born in, like, 1985. 19-frickin'-85, people. They don't remember the Reagan years, even. So they probably believe all the crap people say about Reagan today.

I'm really hoping to get our for a hike while I'm in the Wolverine State (Wolverines!). There's a game reserve in Somerset, not far from my folks' place, that has a pretty nice trail. I'll let you know how it goes. I haven't been hiking lately, unless you count all the walking in Paris as "hiking," which I don't.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Buckeyes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home