Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Goliath Defeated; Philistines End Disappointing Campaign Season Without a Championship

I don't know if anyone else watches television coverage of the baseball playoffs, but if you do, have you noticed, um, that almost all the coverage is of one team--the New York Yankees.

This has long bothered me, but I have to say, in the Yankees-Tigers series (which, I should add, the Tigers lead, 2-1), that it's really getting annoying. One of the Fox sportscasters actually said that, if the Yankees don't win the World Series this year, well, "it will be six years for the Yankees without winning the World Series." Really? Is that a long time to go between World Series championships? Because the Tigers haven't won one in 22 years.

OK, sure, I'm a Yankee hater. Go Tigers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home