Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'll Let the Zoroastrians Alone

I'm pretty sure TMcD is not trying to accurately describe this fairly innocuous post of mine on "The New Atheism." My goal is not to destroy all world religions. (That would be a rather grandiose goal, huh?) But I like the idea that there are those, maybe even radicals (?), who are willing to publicly denounce supernaturalism in all its forms. And I really like it when they take on faux agnosticism.

I believe in freedom, dude. Like, the freedom of conscience and everything. So, no, I am only advocating the freedom of atheists to call into question the tenets of others' (supernatural) beliefs. Now, maybe the calling into question those tenets does threaten to destroy religion, from the perspective of a believer. But what does that say about belief?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home