Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Darth Cheney's Real Message to the Iraqis

"I am here to put you back on schedule, Commander."

". . . I need more [time]."

"You can tell the Emperor himself."

"The Emperor . . . is coming here? We shall redouble our efforts [at political reconciliation]."

"I hope so, for your sake, Commander. The Emperor isn't as forgiving as I am. [He will probably put your ass in Gitmo.]"

Oh, the joke is lame, I know. It would actually be a helluva lot funnier if Cheney weren't the Emperor.

The visit does suggest that the administration knows that time is limited and that their asses are on the line. So they're not that far gone. It also seems to indicate a new strategery--well, not altogether new--of blaming the Iraqis for the Bush administration's failed policies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home