Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Finished

OK, so I've been a bad blogger, or a very busy person, lately. Or both. But I did finish the Marine Corps Marathon Sunday, in 4 hours, 10 minutes, and 33 seconds. A little slower than I had hoped, but not bad all things considered. If I had run a smarter race, i.e., gone out more slowly, I may have had a shot at breaking 4 hours, but I really ran out of gas after 19 miles. Which means I had a lot of trouble on the 14th St. bridge, which is hard--and I'm talking about the concrete. OUCH.

To be honest, I actually had a lot of fun. It hurt, a little, but the sense of accomplishment, the crowds, etc. But with that said, this may be my last one for awhile. I think I'm going to focus on "shorter" races--like 10-milers and half-marathons.

Photos (of me!) from the race at this link. I think that you can see the pain in some of them.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

Congratulations man. . .a big triumph.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Are you sure that's really you in the pictures? It looks like someone put a hat on a construction cone.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats . . . but those shorts show a bit too much leg. Good thing the orange shirt distracted the eye.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Too much leg? As long as it's leg, I think you can show it.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger fronesis said...

Big congrats! Since my running career ended before it began, I don't think I'll ever achieve such a thing - so I'll live vicariously through others. Nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home