Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, November 12, 2007

What's Been Going Down?

Work, grading papers . . . a little running, recovering from the marathon.

But a little fun. One thing going down, the (then-)#8 ranked Boston College Eagles--falling to that ol' Chevy Chase Bank Field at Byrd Stadium magic. (Yeah, that's the stadium's corporate name. Egad.) I won't say that I stayed until the bone-chilling end of the game, when BC muffed the onside kick. But way to go Terps. My man, QB "Lil' Joe Montana" Chris Turner threw for more than 300 yards, and the Terps put up 42 on BC. (They gave up 35, of course. Egad.)

Also, saw Blade Runner, "the Final Cut," at the Uptown. Big screen, futuristic effects . . . teh awesome. I don't remember the last time I sat down and just watched the movie all the way through. And this one, a little different in a few ways I recognized; I'm sure there were more that I missed. It ended, for example, in the elevator lobby, with the origami unicorn--no driving in the sunshine. And, of course, no voice-overs (which I actually never minded, really).

Read Into Thin Air, Krakauer's memoir of the Everest disaster in 1996. After reading that, no interest in climbing Mount Everest. Zero.

What's been up with y'all?

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Travis said...

I, also, did not mind the voiceover. First time I saw it without I kept thinking that something was wrong with my TV.

Also, more human than human. "Oh - now I get it."

Speaking of football, did anyone hear that Illinois beat Ohio State?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home