Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, December 21, 2007

"Cold Weather" Teams

This post is several days late, but what the hell? Since JAX beat Pittsburgh, at PIT, in the snow last week, there's been a fair amount of talk about "cold weather" teams. But this is an anachronism, no? I mean, does anyone believe that the Browns, or the Bills, or the Steelers practice outside in cold weather? Don't all these teams have indoor practice facilities that they use when the temperature outside drops below a certain point?

I guess my point is that there used to be "cold weather" teams. But I am highly skeptical that the Packers are more acclimated to cold weather, in game conditions, than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Today. And don't tell me that it's experience playing in cold weather. Other than Favre and Driver, which Packer players have that much experience actually playing in below freezing conditions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home