Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Friday, April 04, 2008

Raising Hill

Am I the only one who thinks all the recent fretting about what exactly Hillary said to the superdels is just, er, fretting?  Seriously, who the hell cares that she said "Obama can't win"?  She's losing, she doesn't have a lot of arguments left, and although I think she's insanely wrong about this, I can't see why this crosses some imaginary line. Same for her use of Jeremiah Wright to scaremonger in the same calls.  If the shoe were on the other foot, and Clinton had a narrow but likely insurmountable lead over Obama, I expect the Obamans would be using the same basic arguments against her: she's unelectable, and her Bosnian hyperbole turned her into a less credible and less charismatic Al Gore ca. 2000.  And they'd be right to use that argument, even if it proved futile.  

I don't cotton to a lot of HRC's recent tactics: sucking up to Richard Mellon Scaife and FOX News, trashing Obama's Commander creds, dismissing the importance of elected delegates, etc.  In fact, I've started to hate her just a little bit.  But I don't get the outrage about this one.  Now, if it is strategic outrage driven by purely cynical opportunism and designed merely to put HRC on the defensive, that I'll sign on to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home