Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Infotainment: Very Moving

Kind of a disjointed post on the 30 minute ad follows:

Some early excerpts: ". . . I still see optimism, and hope, and strength." "We've been talking about the same problems for decades . . . a defining moment . . . to keep faith with our people." "Their stories are American stories."

"None of that grows government."

Obama hits IRAQ hard in the infomercial. Good for him.

The thing that strikes me is that Obama actually is concerned about the little man. I think that has been true of other candidates in the recent past, but Obama knows these folks. He is a man of the people, even if he is super smart and super educated. That's not so strange. Many of us have humble roots, and even if we've "made it," we still feel the pain of family members (Obama speaks of his mother's last days with cancer and insurance forms, and just tonight my (retired) dad was telling me how his insurance premiums were increasing) and friends who don't have the same income, etc.

This video was great. I don't see the weaknesses, maybe, because I'm in the tank for the O-man. Maybe. But I believe it's safe to say that this was a marketing success. If people watched it, they were moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home