Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, December 27, 2008

R.I.P. Grendel (1990-2008)


One of our best friends ever passed away tonight, just after 6 pm EST. She had really declined of late, losing almost all of her weight (this picture is of the University Heights house from 2003--she was half that weight or less when she passed), her appetite (that follows), etc. It was sad to see her go so quickly, but that's the way with cats. At least Bee and I were with her.

G was a feral cat when Frances adopted her--back when Frances was an undergraduate. Yes, you read that right.

G had a great life (for a cat born in the alley behind a mall in southern Mississippi, a life of luxury), and she was loved by many. She will be missed.

6 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger fronesis said...

That's a lovely picture.

Sincere condolences...

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Frances said...

Number Three called me as soon as it happened, and I thought I was handling the news as well as I possibly could until I walked into the house, home from Christmas travel. For round about 18 years the first thing I've done when I come home is to greet little Grendel, but of course she wasn't here tonight. The house felt so empty without her. It's really hard to say goodbye after all these years.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

It's weird but I swear I've seen the old girl out of the corner of my eye at least three times today.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Very sorry to hear about the Great Grendel. She was always a gracious hostess.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger lips said...

So sorry to hear the news. I can picture her sitting in her window seat in your Cleveland house--all eyes and fur.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie Hoffer said...

I'm so sorry. She was a very good kitty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home