Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, March 02, 2009

Update: Winter Storm Not So Much

I am flying to Denver today for a conference. So starting this weekend I became increasingly nervous about the weather, namely about the "Mega Storm" as they billed it on the Weather Channel--predicted to bring as much as 10 inches of snow to metro DC.

Of course, 10 inches of snow would cripple DC for days. My guess is that it would basically have to melt, because I don't know what the district and federal government would do to cope.

But waking up this morning, looks like we got a couple of inches. That will cause problems, but it's hardly "mega." The government isn't even closed, although it's on 2-hour delayed start, and my flight is still listed as "On Time," although it will certainly take off late.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Having a little one is a lot of work. Plus, most of my thinking lately has been work-related, and I don't blog about work, for the most part. Because few people find one's work as interesting as one would like to believe.

The reading has been very poor, of late--although I do hope to read a book on my flights this week, so maybe a book report is forthcoming. But the running has been going OK. I got pretty close to 30 miles last week, and I actually think I've been getting a little faster--on the training runs, at least. If the weather would cooperate, I might actually think about training for something this year.

What's up with all of you?

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

Apparently the weather will be warmer in DC this weekend. Why should I care? For reasons you may be able to guess, I'm headed back into your area as of tonight (that is, if you have in fact returned). Don't know yet if I'l have any spare moments in the next couple of days, but if you guys get a random phone call from the 423, you'll know who it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home