Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Like New All Over

So last year when we moved into the new house, we bought a "fancy" HD flat screen teevee--a Sharp Aquos. It's not humongous, but good sized. Anyhoo, apparently I never managed to hook it up correctly to the HD cable box, so we weren't really getting "HD" teevee. The picture was good, but not great. Other things occupying my time, I kind of got used to it . . .

That cable box died recently, so the cable guy came out. First time the cable guys came out to deal with an issue with the new teevee. And he switched out the box, tested the equipment, and said, "That's not really HD. You know, you need an HDMI cable." I said, "Um, no, I didn't know that. Please explain."

Long story short: Now I can watch the Nationals' bullpen get pummeled in amazingly clear HD video. Thanks, cable guy!

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

I'll tell you, hockey looks absolutely amazing in HD. I mean, so does baseball. But I really like hockey in HD. Something about the shiny white background...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home