Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Thursday, February 23, 2006

What Is It With University Presidents?

Why are they all, for want of a better term, patronizing assclowns? It's not the effect of the job. In my experience, they're patronizing assclowns from (at least) the beginning of the search process. So why do the search committees always pick such "winners"?

Sounds like an unnamed state university in the middle of Tennessee has an even bigger problem, from the sounds of a TMcD comment below. I mean, I don't know how you can respect a man once you know what he calls his penis. (At this point, you either want to read the comment or take a shower.) I know I never want to know what Hundy calls his, although if I were a betting man--and I'm not, not really, in any kind of hardcore, bet-the-mortgage way--I'd bet "Li'l Hundy." And Krauss calls his . . . "String Theory." Ha ha.

Boy, this post really brings down the quality of the discussion here at FFB.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Since you already don't respect the CL: The Staff of Rah.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Yes, the office of president at many Universities is filled by – shall we say in light of TMcD’s post? – dicks. For those still interested in our own boring affair, Li’l Hundy has officially responded:

---------------------------

Dear Members of the Case Community,

As many of you are aware, there is discussion among faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences around the possibility of taking a no-confidence vote against me and Provost John Anderson. This action is a reflection of the divergent views that are constantly aired and encouraged on our campus. Over the past months, I have been meeting regularly with faculty and participating in campuswide forums. I know there is a wide range of opinion regarding our current goals and direction, and I continue to listen to all viewpoints and appreciate the thoughts of all who care deeply about Case.

Striving for and achieving an institutional vision as far reaching as Case's is very hard work filled with circumstances that test our collective will. Since the time that we as a university community defined the vision in 2003 and set out to reach it, we have come far, making dramatic progress throughout Case and positioning our university for the future. These are challenging times, and we have far to go together. I have every confidence that all of us—faculty, staff, students, and alumni—will see us through to our goal.

Very truly,

Edward M. Hundert, M.D.
President

-------------------

His claim that he’s meeting with folks around campus is actually not just the usual platitude. Before the announcement, he had already scheduled a tête-à-tête with our deparmentino for March 8, which I imagine will still take place. The problem with that meeting now, is that while I'm sitting there, I'm gonna have to try real hard to forget Emery's Li'l Hundy epithet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home