Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, December 16, 2006

CWRU News

For those of you on this blog still interested in the news from the former western reserve lands of Connecticut, the Board of Trustees at CWRU just announced this week that they have hired a new president for the University -- Barbara Snyder. The current interim president, Greg Eastwood, after having been appointed dictator last spring under dire financial circumstances, seems to have fended off the worst of the barbarians at the gates and will now return to his plough next July. One of the smarter things Eastwood did was reinstate the CWRU brand (sunrise), which once again graces my P-card. Hopefully Snyder will approve Cyrus Taylor to be the Dean of Arts and Sciences, as he is doing a superb job in his interim capacity.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

But what about the "Case" brand? And (especially) the fat surfer logo? I even have one of those on the Subaru. Are they kaput?

This may not matter to non-CWRU folks, but it's like a big deal. Or not.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Frances said...

I'm glad they brought back the sunrise! Much nicer imagery than the disconnected grid. What they were trying to achieve with the latter I'll never understand.2

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I don't know what will happen to the pregnant surfer -- I expect it will hang around for some time because there's no money to perform a damnatio memoriae. Let's hope it doesn't "hang ten" years. Actually I'm not sure what they've officially decided. I only know that they formed a committee a few months ago to decide what to do about the branding issue (i.e., whether to bring back Western Reserve University and the Sunrise). Then in the middle of November I was issued a new P-Card with the pregnant surfer, but then I got an e-mail the day after I received it stating I was turn it back in because I was one a few who had erroneously been issued a P-Card with the "wrong logo." I turned it in, and then within a week I got back a new card with the good ol' sunrise, so I assume they've made some sort of official decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home