Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Monday, May 17, 2010

Like a rainbow in the dark

So Ronnie James Dio has passed. He was 67.

I actually still listen to some of Dio's music. It's cliched and kind of stupid, but there's something that I like about it. I won't defend it, because if you didn't listen to it when you were 15, I think that you will never get into it. But listen to Rainbow's "Man in the Silver Mountain," or Sabbath's "Sign of the Southern Cross," or maybe even "Last in Line," if you like.

4 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger fronesis said...

I knew the holy diver album very well.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger tenaciousmcd said...

I knew the Holy Diver album cover very well. You just don't forget that image of the demon throwing a chained priest into the river.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Number Three said...

Remember when cover art used to tell a story?

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

God, I love Dio. Heaven and Hell is the best Sabbath album, and I like all the Rainbow albums he was on.

May he soar on the wings of a demon forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home