Freedom from Blog

Don't call it a comeback . . . .

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Charlie Gibson is an Idiot and Other Observations

Best moment of the Dem debate: Charlie Gibson, bemoaning the prospective repeal of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, says "Take two married professors here at St. Anselm College and they're making $200,000 a year." The audience laughed uproariously. Methinks he's been listening to David Horowitz's circuit speech too much.

Aside from that, Gibson seems to have a big boner for George Bush. He looooves the Iraq War, which, apparently, we're now winning decisively.

One other note: HRC got seriously pissed off responding to Edwards on whether she's an agent of "change." Her argument won on the merits but I thought it looked awful. Interesting to see JE going after HRC, trying to knock her out of the race.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Number Three said...

Frances and I also found that moment richly fabulous. So revealing of the Millionaire Pundit Values.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Just got back in the US on the 3rd and I turned on my TV for the first time last night to see if any NFL games were still on regular television. The first thing that came on my screen was the Republican NH debate on ABC. It was as if I had been transported onto another planet. I watched for 15 minutes and it was all immigration all the time. Unbelievable. Francesca shared my thoughts and began to cry so I turned the damn thing off.

As for the Dem side, I see Edwards finished second in Iowa, yet still can't get any coverage. While I'm happy to see Obama beat Hilliary, Edwards is right on one thing: no change such as National Health Care will happen in this country without a big fight -- the conservative movement is too powerful and has to be torn apart plank by plank. Obama's bipartisan rhetoric is just Bill Clinton redux and if he wins, he'll get the same treatment as the former governor of Arkansas did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home